Tuesday, May 25

buddah's delight

Hmm I have decided (while sipping a rather good spoonful of wanton soup) That I am going to adopt a whole new rather “monkly” persona//outlook on things. You guys better get prepared because this post illustrates the kinds of things cordi thinks about when asian food eaten in a monkly manner, a new rather OOTW playlist, watching reruns of Avatar: The Last Airbender with brothers, and crazy concentraity ADD drugs are combined. Please don’t laugh or flame, just hear me out.

RANT.. ACTIVATED
*bbeep beep blip zzzz*

There has been a lot of drama going around and things have been building up emotionally for some time which has started to turn me spiteful and bitter (not to mention causing some annoying stress breakouts). But this is old news and certainly not unexpected (Middle school; its a hell-hole people) but it doesn’t mean it isn’t important.

I do love proverbs and giving advice//fixing social problems among friends, but I rarely ever take what I give to my own heart. So I have decided with the year coming to a close, and the coddling notion that I will only have to deal with certain people for a little while longer I would like to believe that I can remain above it all. I need to let go of my bitterness and try to find a peacefullness within myself. Although that is a farfetched goal (I know), It doesn’t hurt to try.

Shoot for the moon, becuase if you miss, you land among the stars

I see people around me, I observe their behavior, and although the way it may affect me is negative and it may cause a negative reaction from me, I have to look at it objectively. Human behavior is human behavior and it is shocking when put in perspective but expected when put in objective. I would hope that the message that I can give to everyone who has “wronged” me (and again I use “wronged” circumspectly) is this;
I cannot “forgive but not forget” because even though it sounds grand it is more likely that I would forget it over time than actually forgive it. So instead I will try to convey this message: I will not forgive things that hurt me unless I have prompted cause to, I will not forget things that hurt me (as much as I want to) because I need to keep them as memories and use them as lessons later on in life (Like a drama study guide!), but I want you to know that I will try my best to understand and acknowledge why it came about and your reasons for it. One must always remain objective when in dealings of the human race. It is ironic and a painfully true fact of human nature but; Things can offend one, but it doesn’t mean they won’t do the same in another situation. I am going to try and not be unnecessarily hateful, go out of my way to make people feel uncomfortable, or anyother things that people have done to me because I know first hand how much it stings and although I may want to, I can only do unto others as I would hope they do unto me.
Yes, Yes this is the PROVERB POST
Just a few rambling words of nonsensical wisdom from a girl who thinks of everything but knows nothing.

I also would like this to go online so I will constantly be reminded of the decisions I make in my life and hopefully not let the positive ones die out (by never revisiting this document and having it lost among my other ramblings (RANT FOLDER). I don't usually get all emotional-ish and like drama obssesed and I'm still not, but I guess I'm too lazy to start a life blog right now (were posting this stuff would make a lot more sense) but maybe I will just for the sake of it. (Another time though) I promise that from now on I will try not to have any non-fashion related ranty off topic posts!

This probably makes minimal sense but I don’t feel like taloring it to be readable because I figure what came out of my head then was what I was thinking, even if it is scrambled.

Some random quotes that are fantastic;
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)
"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
- Abraham Maslow (1908-1970)
"When a man is wrapped up in himself he makes a pretty small package."
- John Ruskin (1819-1900)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."
- Proverb
"If you lose your temper, you’ve lost the argument."
- Proverb
"I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying."
- Woody Allen (1935-)
"I have an existential map; it has ‘you are here’ written all over it."
- Steven Wright
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I’ve never tried before."
- Mae West (1892-1980)
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
- Dennis Wholey (1937-)
"I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Edison (1874-1931)
(I have tons more, maybe I will make a habit of including one at the end of each post. xD)

Yes Guys, unfortunatley, though I am usually pretty adamant about ACTUALLY STAYING ON TOPIC on blogs, I had to make an exception for this post because I needed to write it for myself. To help "find peace" within myself. (CORNY but true) I will however include this rather (slightly, Maybe?) fashion related picture:

I will pretty much be parading around in my Monk Suit (snuggie) all the time now since I have dubbed myself an honorary monk (not the christian kind, just generally kindof buddhist/shintoist/gnomeland kind) YES, we have monks in GnomeLand (translates roughly into CordiLand)

(;
Picture of me in the monk suit later!

No comments:

Post a Comment